About Me

My photo
A new mama with a love for all things baby, beauty, bling and leopard print. Lots and lots of leopard print.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The W word

Hello darlings...



Let's talk about wrinkles. Gag, I know. I kid you not I went to bed on the eve of my 30th birthday, wrinkle free and woke up that next morning with three etched lines across my forehead. Wah. That night, after eating mass quantities of birthday cake, I went in search of some good old wrinkle cream. I wanted one that helped (obviously) and was not too too expensive. After hours and hours of scouring the web, I found a serum with  good reviews at Sally's Beauty Supply and decided to try it out.



It's the Retinol Vitamin Enriched Anti-Wrinkle Facial Serum by Skincare L de L Cosmetics. The bottle states it is an Intensive Firming Treatment with 500,000 I.U.'s Vitamin A ( which I looked up is apparently a lot of Vitamin A). This bottle here contains 1 fl oz/ 30 ml which does not sound like much but has lasted me over 3 months so far.  It's inexpensive too and runs around $10.99 a bottle. The dropper is easy to use and I just apply a few drops to my fingers and massage the serum into those darn lines.


Here's the deal. I like it, I really do. The key is you have to be disciplined and put that sucker on your forehead every morning and every night before bed. If you use it consistently, as it states on the bottle, you do see results. If you happen to skip a few days, which being on a newborn schedule for awhile, I was happy if I remembered to put on deodorant, the lines do come back in full force.


Bottom Line: Will I continue to use it, yes. Will I look for something else,  yes. I actually just ordered  Frownies online. Has anyone tried them yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment