About Me

My photo
A new mama with a love for all things baby, beauty, bling and leopard print. Lots and lots of leopard print.

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Soothing Seahorse

So you read the bedtime story, got a bath, had a bottle. Check. Check. Check. After a long day of playing and pooping and eating, Mama bear is ready to call it a night. You yawn and peek down to your lap hoping that your little bundle of joy, all warm and swaddled up, has passed out for the evening-- Not so much. as you soon discover those big eyes wide awake and ready to go. Hallllp!

Have no fear mummy. You still have one more option up your sleeve. Let me recommend to you this little piece of hope called... The Glow Worm.

My aunt had purchased it for me as a baby shower gift and while getting the nursery ready I placed it among the rest of her stuffed toys in her new toy chest. One desperate night around 3:45 a.m. in complete blackness, I distinctly remember throwing every single stuffed object out of the toy box in search for this worm. And from that night on, for us it has been heaven sent.

This little bugger is from Fisher Price and officially called the "Ocean Wonders Soothe and Glow Seahorse. ( I called it a worm previously since that is what I called mine when I was little- I guess in reality it is a seahorse). Whatever it is, I am grateful for it. It retails around $16.99 and let me tell you it is worth every penny. From its belly it emits the softest warm glow that the baby loves to look at and stroke.





The classical music plays for 5 minutes once the belly is pressed and one or two cycles is usually enough until she's in dreamland. The music is not too loud and there are a variety of songs so mama won't get sick of hearing the same ones over and over (also a plus).  The music will either shut off automatically with the light when finished or you can just hold down the stomach to turn it off.  Since it is a seahorse, throughout the songs you will hear bubbles and swishing sounds making it feel like you are under the sea. Not sure if this is an added bonus for the little one but it sure soothes mummy.

Bottom line: Mama bear and bb both love this product and most importantly it works. As demonstrated below...


F.Y.I. When reading a parenting discussion board this morning there was mention of some parents having issues when switching the batteries out of the seahorse. I have changed the batteries on ours about 3 times now without any issue but I will keep you updated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment