About Me

My photo
A new mama with a love for all things baby, beauty, bling and leopard print. Lots and lots of leopard print.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Mama Bee Belly Butter

Yay! My first official post! So let's getting going.

The first product I want to mention could fall under either beauty or baby. Wherever you want to file it, just remember it's amazing.




 So let's talk about the reality of it all. When you're pregnant your stomach grows and expands until someone, who thinks they are sooo funny, utters the dreaded words, "you look like you swallowed a basketball." Gee thanks, just what I wanted to hear as I waddle down to the bathroom for the 500th time today sweat profusely from just standing up. I swear it's a rite of passage for someone to quote that line and when you finally hear it-- just smile and welcome to the motherhood club.




As we all know, with that ever expanding belly also comes the inevitable stretch marks. God, I hate even typing the word. My mother purchased this Mama Bee Belly Butter for me when I first started showing and told me to use it every morning and every night before bed. Like every other soon to be mama out there who is terrified of the dreaded s.marks I listened to her. And you know something? I really do think it helped as I luckily got a way with only one or two small badges of honor.

While the lotion is not super expensive, running at about $13 bucks a pop. I feel like it begins to add up towards the end of your preggo journey as your stomach gets bigger and you are buying the lotion more frequently. I think the first jar I received lasted me until I was about 5 or 6 months along. When I began really popping out, I had to repurchase a jar probably every other month or sooner. However, at a time when you are trying to save all of the pennies you have for diapers and butt paste for the little one, I highly recommend this for yourself!





As it states on the lid, it has Shea Butter and Vitamin E. The lotion is so super creamy and feels wonderful as you "coat" it on that beautiful belly, very rich and hydrating. (Random side note, as it is a little thicker and takes some time to soak into your skin, wait a few seconds before putting on your clothes.)

I also liked that it  didn't have much of a scent as any kind of perfume at that time made me dry heave in the corner. It also states that it is 99% natural, which I love especially at a time when you are watching everything that is going in or around your body. It is also made in the U.S.

You should be able to find it wherever Burt's Bees products are available. I however had a terrible time locating it at Walmart or Walgreens (even though it said they were in my local store on the website.) You can always order it from Burts Bee's website at burtsbees.com as well!

So bottom line for Mama Bee Belly Butter:  Love, so Lotion it up Mamas!!

I have yet to try any of their baby products but am definitely interested in doing so. Have you tried any?

P.S. Sorry for the shadowing in the pictures, with a little practice I know I will get better!

No comments:

Post a Comment