About Me

My photo
A new mama with a love for all things baby, beauty, bling and leopard print. Lots and lots of leopard print.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Wonderful WubbaNubs

 Let's talk pacifiers...

A package arrived a few days after we had returned home from the hospital. It was a gift from a family friend and inside was a card, an adorable outfit and a WubbaNub. A "wub-a-what?"I asked as I read the tag again. What the heck is this thing?





The card read that their young son had loved these pacifiers and he promised Soph would too. I'll be honest, I was skeptical. At the hospital Soph had not been a fan of any kind of binkies. She would spit them right back out and wanted nothing to do with them. I thought if she hated the regular pacifiers then this one didn't stand a chance.

I was completely wrong. She loves them!

The plastic pacifier is cute and is in the shape of a smiley face. It is also made of silicone so they are okay for little ones with a latex allergy.




 Soph also loves the fact that the stuffed animals are soft and lay on her chest. While she is in her car seat or laying down for a nap she loves to hold onto the stuffed animal. It seems to be quite comforting for her.





WubbaNubs come in a variety of fun animals from elephants to bears and kitties. Truth is, we never go anywhere without one. We currently own the monkey, spotted dog, duck and the giraffe.  They each have their own names from Monty to Bernie and Quackers. I always get a laugh when the baby's crying and my husband is running around the house shouting, "Where's Quackers? Get Monty!"



A note for dog owners - our golden retriever lovessss WubbaNubs too. We lost the first Wub when our dog decided to swipe it off the counter and bury it in the sofa.

Other than a dog attraction, the only issue I have- is cleaning them. The pacifier is sewn onto the mouth of the stuffed animal, which makes it a bit challenging to clean. If it falls on the ground and I just want to wash the plastic part- the stuffed animal always seems to get soaked -no matter how careful I am. Therefore, I have to wait to give her the clean pacifier since I don't want her shirt and chest to get wet. So you always have to have a clean dry one ready to go. It says WubbaNubs are machine washable, but I have yet to try that out. I just wash the stuffed animal part by hand in the sink.

You can purchase them here and a relative also found some at a local Toys R Us store.

Bottom Line: WubbaNubs are wonderful- you just may need a couple.



No comments:

Post a Comment